Thursday, November 10, 2016

Paris Update, Part 4


TOC


Palais Royal

Paris is so full of beautiful squares, parks, museums, churches. Sheesh, everywhere you look! We visited the Palais Royal and photo fun ensued.

Thanks to Katherine Tilton for these pics!

I am nothing if not consistent

I was observing that I could see my reflection in the balls...

...when Margy took this!


Window Licking, part 4

I try to photograph lots of window displays because they are so fun to look at!

A gold leather moto jacket! I've been seeing lots of moto jackets in unusual fabrications.

Alexander Wang yumminess

Chanel yumminess. More Chanel below

I covet these

OK, here's the end of the Chanel!

This is not my style, but I loooooove it!

I think this was Hermes

I'm seeing lots of large plaid coats


More Pics, part 4

I love this pic I took of Diane Egelston absorbing the sun's rays. Only later did I notice Margy, in the background, also zenning out!

From the window of a taxi I caught this couple taking a selfie with the Eiffel Tower

Sacre Coeur on a rainy day

A light fixture made from silk cocoons

A feather wig. Just the thing if my hair continues to thin!

A Metro entrance

Robin trying on a fetching feather boa

Linda wearing a new hat that perfectly matches her Mycra Pac coat!

Jill and Linda, hat sisters!

Dorothy and Jill shopping for fabric

The heart of the Chanel empire

I am holding a painted skin (I didn't buy it) and Ruth is holding an appliqued leather (she did)

More gorgeous cloud formations

I bought the green feather flower on the left

We came upon a store window where Kevin Lyons, author of the Little Men and Little Miss books, was painting. My kids loved these books as children! (Maybe you haven't heard of them but they are huge in the U.K. My mother-in-law is English, so several extended family members gave these to my kids.)

33 comments:

  1. The feather hat gives a new meaning to hat hair. Are we going to see the fabrics and notions you bought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for sharing another great group of photos and I love the window displays. I especially like the style of the short red jacket and the red/black/white plaid. Bet Margy did, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She liked the colors but was particularly attracted to the black coat with the zigzag design.

      Delete
  3. oooooh! Thank you for the window photos--they are very inspirational. I'm glad to see that you are having a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the photos. Thanks for giving us a wonderful tour of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Little Miss and Little Men books when I was little! My parents bought them at Child World in Eatontown, NJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool, Kyle! Most of the Americans in our group had never heard of them.

      Delete
  6. For some reason I thought most Parisians wore mostly black. It is exciting to see the rich colors that people must be buying and wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shams, glad to see that Robin made it on the trip. Love her! Loving all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are amazing !! I feel like I am in Paris with you !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again - thank-you for being so generous and sharing this trip with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Shams, If you are concerned with thinning hair, stop dying it. My hair came in thicker and healthier when I stopped dying it and it was thinning quite a bit then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair has had *much* more body since I've started dying it! My thinning hair is due to thyroid issues.

      Delete
    2. Mine too and colouring helps it plumps up the hair shaft.

      Delete
  11. I meant to also say thank you for sharing your trip with us who are stuck at home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These multiple Paris posts are a lot more than sharing, they're soothing and energizing us all, too! Thank you for the most incredible album of architectural history and beauty, fashion style and grace, and all your other delightful discoveries and goodies. Cindy (Creative Hormone Rush)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cindy! Beauty is definitely a balm for the soul, be it manmade or nature!

      Delete
  13. Thanks for letting us share your trip vicariously, Shams! Good to see my friend Dorothy and her buddy Jill having a great time too. Obviously lots of inspiration there for you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorothy and Jill are fabulous, Louisa! I was glad to get to know them a bit!

      Delete
  14. My youngest daughter loved Mr Men and Little Miss. We had a memory puzzle and she always won! Now back to Paris. Thanks for sharing all those beautiful photos. And it must have been fun to wear your new wardrobe. It looks like it was cold enough to bring out all the coats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very chilly, Vicki! Most days were low 30s to low 40s. And thanks!

      Delete
  15. So glad you had a good experience as it was your first trip.thanks for sharing Shams. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shams, thank you so much for sharing your trip...and including fotos of Margie too. I've been following the two of you for (?) years, and have so wanted to take the Tilton Sisters' Paris Trip. Your chronical of the days there, your early meet-up, the window 'licking', and actual shopping has made me feel like I was there. Thank you again! and love your wardrobe. I aspire to have the teal wardrobe (yours) and the red/black (Margie) as I begin to pare it all back in anticipation of retirement, and more sewing and handweaving. Best to you in the year ahead as we anticipate Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that kind comment, Nancy! I covered a lot, but I also left a lot out. I hope you have the opportunity to take the Tilton tour! Congrats on your imminent retirement!

      Delete